Southernly Unexpected Snow

Normally in the south, when the weather man says we are going to get a dusting of snow...that actually means we will get nothing. However, this time they were WRONG. Last week we ended up with almost 3 inches at our house. Once the snow started, roads iced over in minutes. I barely made it home without a wreck and I'm so thankfully it wasn't my day to travel with the kids! Also thank goodness for 4-wheel drive or Jonathan would have been stranded for a couple of days at work. 

Who would have know that when I left for work on Tuesday at 10:30, when they cancelled classes, I wouldn't be going back till the following Monday? Who knew that one of my sister-in-laws would be spending the night with her kindergarteners, who's parents couldn't get to them?? Who knew my other SIL would be stuck at a co-workers house (with the boys) till Thursday afternoon?? Who knew that my mom would end up being snowed in with us for 2 days?!? Who knew that this snow would shut central Alabama down for several day?!? CRAZY.SOUTHERN.WEATHER!

Elly K couldn't have cared less about the snow. It was cold and there were toys to be played with inside the warm house. 
But she was one cute little girl with the snow flying around us!
Our black roof was solid white in minutes:

If you would have told me this was going to happen, I would have never believed you! The weather a couple of days before was nice and warm. I would have never imagined that the fluffy snow would stick so fast (thanks to 19 degree weather).
Cash didn't get to make the snowy family photo...it was just too cold for a 2 month old to go outside!
And how do you pass the time by, when you are stuck inside for 2 days...with a iPad:
Don't get me wrong, I love to see snow since it happens so few times in Alabama. However, I don't have to see snow when it happens like this!! Let me say it one more time...CRAZY!

No comments: