Sewing!

I can't believe I am about to blog about this. I never thought I would say that I want to learn to sew. However, a few months before Christmas, I requested a sewing machine from Santa. Before I could even get my hands on it, my husband thought he needed to take it for a spin.

I was reminded SEVERAL times about him taking Home Ec. in high school:
My machine can do fancy stitches (yes we practiced on a t-shirt):
 On the first night of sewing, I did make a "dress" for the baby doll. Its just a square with a string (AKA an extra shoe lace) holding it up (sad...I know):
Soon after, I headed to Hobby Lobby for some fabric. Currently I will be happy making just dresses for EK that have no curves...straight lines only please! HA! 

I got this fabric for mom to make a dress with:

And I bought these two for myself to give it a try:



Getting started with my dress:

I don't have a picture of the full dress on EK but here is a shot of her in it at dinner time:
It turned out "okay" and I still have a LONG way to go, but I'm pretty happy I can make her some outfits on my own!



2 comments:

The Goodins said...

Wow, I'm impressed! And I think you may be turning into Linda Kay :)

Julie said...

if i send you elaina's measurements, can you make her some clothes, too? i'm impressed!