A week away from work.....

So I have been in New Orleans this past we and I can say I am happy to be back in Tuscaloosa. My Mom ended up going with me and we had a very nice time. The highlight of the trip was the tour of the city. We got to see a little bit of everything. I have been to NO a couple of time, but never did a tour. It was well worth it and I suggest that if you are ever down that way to take one yourself. Next time I go I want to take the alligator tour. I would have this time, but Mom wouldn't go with me.
I finally closed on the my house. I am a HOMEOWNER! It all happened on Thursday, May 22! So that weekend (May 24-26) was a very long weekend with house work, so the New Orleans trip was a deserved break. Once we got to NO, it took a full day and night for us to get the energy to get around town. So you may wonder what caused this long weekend to occur. After my Mom and I removed the carpet in the kitchen and a cabinet that was not an original, we found major damage! Lets just say I have a new sub floor in part of the kitchen. However, we did have a few things get marked off the list. I now have a new electrical panel (thanks Dad!) and of course the carpet it gone (thanks Mom)! Also I truly believe that the Lowe's people love to see me walk through the doors. I swear I have been there at least 8 time in a week and a half!
So a few set backs have left me a little behind schedule. However, this weekend is going to be a WORK WORK WORK weekend. I plan on getting quite a bit done. I want to at least be ready to paint color on the walls! That means I need the cabinets to be kilzed and painted, all the ceilings to be painted, and the walls to be prepped (tapped and washed off)! I know I can do it! Wish me luck! Oh and FYI, my camera is BROKEN! I am calling the company tomorrow about it so hopefully I can have it fixed soon. I may go buy a disposable one till I get mine fixed!

No comments: