The Bucks in "Bows and Bucks"

Well I guess I need to hold true to representing the whole family in our blog. How can I do this? By showing you a buck or two.....literally! 

Jonathan has a deer camera that took over 300 pictures in a few weeks time!

Here is a picture with a couple of bucks. I think in the 300 pictures it took, there are 6-8 different bucks roaming that part of the woods (FYI - I love this picture with the foggy trees in the background):  

And of course there were PLENTY of does:

 Then there are the raccoons. Boy, they are a lot smarter than I ever thought! Here is one that has learned to climb the feeder and spin it to get more food out.

Although I am not sure that I will ever go hunting with Jonathan, I do support him and his hunting. Before Jonathan, I had never really eaten a lot of deer meat. Maybe once or twice if someone ever had it at a get-together or holiday party (or if my friend's husband, Jake, ever made fried deer steak...YUMMY) . However, since Jonathan and I have been together, I have reaped the benefits of his hunting habit! Anything that calls for hamburger meat will be made with deer meat at our house! Tacos, spaghetti, hamburger helper, chili, soups, etc are all made with lean deer meat instead. Jonathan (and my brother Lee) make deer jerky all the time too. We even have deer sausage! This past weekend I made sausage balls out of deer sausage for our tailgating dinner menu. I cooked with it so much while I was pregnant, I would joke that I thought Elly K was going to come out with antlers! HA! 

 Not only can I not tell the difference in taste but its so much cheaper than buying hamburger meat at the store. So if you ever want to try deer meat, just let me know! You can stop by our house for dinner one night because 2-3 nights out of the week, that's whats for dinner.

No comments: